CopingSkills4Life is a way to learn how to regulate how you feel if you are stressed. A lot of people don’t know they are stressed until they develop problems sleeping, or feeling so anxious all the time or crying at the drop of a hat or they can’t continue doing the things they used to. People try ways of coping that don’t work very well such as drinking alcohol or eating late at night. Stress can be from a lot of varied things from too long hours without breaks to not sleeping well or never having learned how to cope with every day life or be able to tolerate distress.
People need coping skills in order to be effective with others. A person needs to be able to work with others so that they don’t lose out on a job or misunderstand what is going on. CopingSkills4LIfe can help people to learn what to do and how to do it. In addition, because things have become so immediate people become impatient when things take a few seconds longer or minutes longer or hours longer than what they are used to. For some people it is frustrating and infuriating to have to deal with this issue of time or of waiting (spending time in lines or in traffic).
Does any of this sound like you?
- Moods are up and down, responding to the slightest change in the environment
- Blow up on the phone, seething with anger because the statement for a service doesn’t seem to be right and your reaction is over the top
- Relationships are rocky , you can’t seem to hold on to any friends because of “issues”
- So much going on you can’t tolerate even the littlest noise or crowd of people
- You don’t feel heard by others and no one knows how you really feel (because you don’t tell anyone until you blow up at them)
- Exhausted even though you sleep there is no energy or motivation to do anything. you are pre-occupied by worrying about things that are going on.
- End up either drinking to much or using something else to excess so that you can feel better
- Only contact with others is through on line interaction or social media, as you rarely go out and interact with others.
- Your usual way of soothing yourself is not exactly helpful for maintaining health
But this doesn’t work! There is a solution for this. Copingskills4life are coping skills that are adapted for people to learn in a simple format that can be learned in group on line or in-person.